Twin Block Seminar
Twin Block advanced training with Dr. William J. Clark, inventor of the Twin Block
Friday, 10th March 2017, 9 am - 5 pm and
Saturday, 11th March 2017, 9 am - 5 pm
Lindner Congress Hotel, Bolongaro Street 100, 65929 Frankfurt am Main, Germany
599 € per person (excl. 19% VAT)
Evening get-together with Dr. Clark in the Main Tower Restaurant, Frankfurt
Fee: 95 € plus 19% VAT per person (fee includes dinner, beverages and taxi transfer to and from the restaurant)
The Twin Block method
Dr. Clark developed the Twin Block in 1977. The Twin Block has become the world's most common orthodontic appliance. The twin block is comfortable and aesthetically and was developed for full-time wear. The units are "patient-friendly" and allow a consistent correction of malocclusion with a strong improvement of facial harmony.
This new presentation shows 33 years of experience in the use of technology and is a "state of the art" in view of functional orthodontics.
Includes the following topics:
- Recent research in dento-facial orthodontics
- Presentation of the Twin Block appliance
- Case selection
- Appliance design and construction
- Correct bite registration
- Clinical management
- Treatment of class II / 1 malocclusion
- Management for vertical dimensions
- Treatment of deep bite and anterior open bite
- Treatment of class II / 2 malocclusion
- Reverse Twin Block for treatment of class III malocclusion
- Orthodontics or surgery? new guidelines
- Extended application for orthodontic corrections
- Fixed Twin Block (FTB)
- The development of Fixed Twin Blocks
- Fixed Twin Block case selection
- Bonding methods, materials and protocol
- FTB in combination with treatments with fixed appliances
- Treatment planning and clinical management
New protocol for the combination of tightly fitted and functional therapy
Includes the following topics:
- Retrospect of techniques of arch development
- Treatment indications
- Case selection and treatment planning
- TransForce appliance on sagittal development
- TransForce appliance on transversal development
- Equipment selection and activation
- Management class I, class II and class III malocclusion
- Integration in Twin block appliance
- Integration into fixed appliances
- Interceptive treatment in transitional dentition
- Treatment in the permanent dentition
- A patient-friendly approach in the orthodontic treatment of adults
New techniques for the sagittal and transverse arch development
The TransForce lingual appliances:
Dr. Clark has developed a new range of fixed, lingual appliances for transverse and sagittal arch developments. TransForce lingual appliances are pre-activated by encapsulated NiTi springs to apply gentle forces of the lingual side, to achieve a beneficial change in arch form. This lingual appliances are invisible and can compete in efficiency with conventional fixed appliances. They are ideal in the orthodontic treatment of adults. The Trance Force unit is designed to be integrated into individual conventional devices. The time required for a multi-band apparatus is shortened by 50%.
Biomechanics progress in fixed treatment:
In this part are latest procedures in the fixed treatment technology presented, which demonstrates advances in design and efficiency.
- Low friction Delta Force brackets improve response and facilitate the treatment procedure.
- Self-ligating Carriere Brackets offer an efficient alternative in the bracket method.
- The Twin-Force occlusion correction is a fixed appliance, an alternative to interdental elastics.